Call for 2018 Legislative Issues
The Association is requesting all fire districts in the State to present their legislative ideas that the AFDSNY will review and discuss at the upcoming Law and Legislative Committee meeting scheduled for Wednesday October 11th
at 3:00 p.m.at the Saratoga Hilton as part of the fall Leadership Conference program. All proposals should consider the following:
- A written description of the proposal.
- Is the proposal a new issue or one modifying an existing law or regulation? If so, please cite the statue or law (that is always helpful when researching issues).
- If known, what type and how big of impact will this have on the fire service or population in general? (e.g. monetary, administrative, etc.) Remember, state budget items are normally handled through the budget process and not always in the legislative process.
- While individual fire district proposals impacting a single fire district (a home rule bill) may not rise to the level of having full support of the AFDSNY Legislative Committee, it is still important for the committee to know in order to advance support, if needed.
- Any other background information or facts that will assist the committee in evaluating the proposals.
- Please to have them emailed submissions to email@example.com no later than Wednesday October 4 in order for copies to be made for the committee meeting.
Members may use the website quick legislative submission form located here: https://www.memberleap.com/members/form.php?orgcode=FDNY&fid=2116183 . A member from the Association Legislative committee will contact you using the information you provide.
All the issues and proposals that the committee approves for the new legislative session will be discussed for inclusion for the 2018 Issues of United Concern when that committee meets on December 2 in Albany.